German breakfasts are ample, there's no doubt about that. My flight was at noon, so I checked out after breakfast and was shuttled to the airport. Frankfurt Airport is huge, busy and efficient, but will never win any awards for elegance. It looks like a train station that just grew and grew. There were surprisingly few retailers. Maybe it had something to do with the renovations.
My backpack weighed in at 9.8 kg. It's a point of honour with me, to go back with the lightest possible backpack. And then go on a shopping spree on the last leg, heh heh heh. I could have brought that figure a bit lower had I finished the toiletries as planned.
I had to go through two hand baggage scans. It could have been because a US bound Northwest flight was using a nearby gate. It seemed impossible everywhere to avoid being inconvenienced by the USAns.
I had no sense of regret at leaving Europe, even though it might be a while before I went back. Life in Europe seems to have settled into mundane patterns and history is made mostly elsewhere. I resolved to try somewhere exotic next trip.
Parting headlines from a British paper at a newstand: Will It (the rain) Ever Stop?
I had to go through two hand baggage scans. It could have been because a US bound Northwest flight was using a nearby gate. It seemed impossible everywhere to avoid being inconvenienced by the USAns.
Parting headlines from a British paper at a newstand: Will It (the rain) Ever Stop?


No comments:
Post a Comment