If I had the chance I would have left today. Unfortunately the next ferry sailing is tomorrow morning, so I have one more day to pass in Hvar. It's a pretty port, but ultimately there is not a lot more to do than sunbathing, swimming or lazing around. And I think I have done enough of the last. Maybe I should taken a bus to Stari Grad to have a look, but from what I saw in passing, it's even smaller than Hvar Town and also I have an aversion to retracing my steps.
Today I took the southern coastal walk. This area is not as scenic as the other walk. There were accommodation for backpackers of the concrete and cinder block variety, quite possibly erected back in the cold war days and used by school groups and such.
If you compare these pictures with those taken further south, you will see the changes due to latitude and geography. The scenes are not as luminous, the air looks hazier and there are more clouds in the sky.
In the evening there was a choir singing outside the church. Some in the audience knew the words and sang along so I assumed that the choir was performing well-known Croatian songs. From top of the hill, the fort oversaw the town impassively.
Time to move on to Split, the second largest city in Croatia.




No comments:
Post a Comment