Thursday, June 14, 2007

Around Lake Bled

After breakfast I began my walk around Lake Bled. I think the lake is an appropriate size. Not so large that you feel dwarfed by it and fear it like the sea. Not so small that you know it too well after an hour or so. The promenade around the edge is about 10 km long; about 2½ hours walking. I went clockwise, starting at the eastern end.

Naturally, waterfowl breed around here.

There are pretty nooks; fortunately it's not a boring perfectly shaped lake.

At the western end of the lake is this stream. I was impressed by how clear the water was. Those are fish you see in it.

A swan family. Well who knows, maybe one of the adult swans is only a relative and not a parent.

A couple of older babies training for the Olympics.

And this is the stairway up Bled Island.

Even the Buddha would like Lake Bled.

The northern shore of the lake is less interesting, partly because the path deviates from the shore due to the boathouses there.

I was so pleased with my progress that I rewarded myself with a cream cake and a coffee on return to Bled.

There were many photos so I will split this day into two blog entries. To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment