The 0954 bus got me into Ljubljana about 1130. It's a small country. I had a bed booked at the Celica for a night. This time they put me in a 3 person room. I'm in the top bunk. A couple had the double bunk below. No safety rail on my bunk. I hoped I wouldn't roll out of my bunk at night and crush the couple.
The hostel had self-service laundry facilities so I decided to get a clean set of clothing. Took me a couple of hours but it was worth it. I had time; the only thing left to see was Ljubljana Castle in the evening. Here's a boat chugging down a tranquil Ljubljanica late in the afternoon.
I took the cable car up the hill from here. It is possible to walk up the access road, but I decided that I would walk down afterwards.
When I got to the castle, I found that to have a view from the clock tower over Ljubljana, you needed to pay admission to the Virtual Museum to be able to look out of the outward facing windows. Ljubljana doesn't have a great skyline so I declined to enter. I thought it was very clever and commercial of them though. But I'll show one picture I took from outside the castle walls.
There is a large courtyard and underneath, in the tunnels of the castle, there was a photo exhibition on the recent history of the city, including pictures from WWII, accompanied by stories of hardship.
This is the vehicular entrance to the castle. The venue is used for cultural events judging from the notices.
Here's a view of the pathway.
I decided to settle for a sub sandwich from the local franchise of Subway. The smallgoods meat was mediocre but edible. Since it only cost me 4€40 I decided to treat myself to a melon gelato.
And that was my Sunday in Ljubljana before heading towards the coast. At the hostel, one of the three computer terminals had gone bung so there was a queue. No matter, I didn't have any urgent email to send, so computer access could wait.
I decided to settle for a sub sandwich from the local franchise of Subway. The smallgoods meat was mediocre but edible. Since it only cost me 4€40 I decided to treat myself to a melon gelato.
And that was my Sunday in Ljubljana before heading towards the coast. At the hostel, one of the three computer terminals had gone bung so there was a queue. No matter, I didn't have any urgent email to send, so computer access could wait.






No comments:
Post a Comment