Stara Fužina
In the morning I went to the post office and mailed off the strawberry flavoured, er stained, Croatia guide to the niece in case she wanted to explore other parts of the country herself. Good, one less thing to carry.
This is the Hotel Jezero (Lake) from the small park opposite. Incidentally Zlatorog which we encountered yesterday means Golden Horn. The Zlat is the same as that in Zlatni Rat back in Croatia on Brač and means Golden.
I crossed the stone bridge and watched the tourists and ducks for a while.
Then I dallied around the outlet of the lake where white water rafting enthusiasts were practicing. Finally I made up my mind to visit Mostnica Gorge, just beyond Stara Fužina as it didn't look far.
I passed some handsome dairy cows out to pasture.
At the entrance to the attraction I decided that what I'd seen so far didn't look interesting and too similar to Vintgar Gorge, so I turned back and came down to the main road another way. I couldn't see Srednja Vas, the next village up the road, it was few more km. Also storm clouds were starting to gather so I decided to give it a miss.
This is a traditional double sided hayrack used in Slovenia, the hay is hung on the sides to dry before storage.
I reached the Restaurant Triglav just off the road back before the skies opened up. The menu looked good so I decided to lunch there. The menu of the day, roast pork with potatoes, was very good, as was the desert of fig and currant roll. I could taste liqueur in the fruits.
I have to admit that I did very little the rest of the day; I napped away the afternoon in the pension. In the evening I came out to take a few more pictures.
This is a species of duck I had not seen at close range before.
Perhaps because of the nap, or the coffee, I stayed up a bit watching the German channels on the TV. My lame excuse was that I had to start adjusting to the timezone jump going east in a couple of weeks. Anyway, all I had to do the next day was head back to Ljubljana to mop up any sights I had not visited yet.
No comments:
Post a Comment