No photos for today's blog unfortunately. The reason is I went to the spa town of Stubičke Toplice and didn't take along my camera because I wasn't sure where I would store it while soaking. Also not sure if it would be polite to take pictures of people bathing. As it turned out there were changing rooms and lockers. I think that in future I will not worry so much about losing digital cameras as they are so cheap, and take more photos.
I saw quite a few Chinese variety shops in Zagreb. The Croatian term is Kineski Dučan. In tourist areas, they revert to the English term. Ivo had said that they are run by Chinese, not Croatians. They're a sign of economic health, he said. I also saw an Indian one. Variety shop wars?
The bus station is quite hi-tech. There are barcode controlled entrances to the platforms which are beneath the station. But not all of it works.
The bus took about a hour to reach the spa, running along the foothills outside Zagreb. I thought about yesterday's film crew. Most mystifying was a chap who kept carrying things in and out of the set in a plastic bag. Was he what's called a runner?
Stubičke Toplice tourism page
I found the spa hotel about 300m walk out of the town. There are changing rooms with lockers, saunas, one indoor and one outdoor pool. I liked the outdoor one better, because in the warm water I didn't mind that it was drizzling.
The soak in the mineral water was very relaxing and I dozed off in the returning bus. When the bus reached Čmomerec, at the western edge of the city, I hopped off. There is a huge Konzum supermarket there selling besides groceries, whitegoods and electricals. I also picked up some treats to burn up more kuna.
Something that occurred to me in the bus. You can ask: where am I, but you can never ask: when am I. You are always in the present.
No comments:
Post a Comment